Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your general questions about Silver Lakes by clicking on a question to expose the answer below.
Please send your suggestions for additional items to an administrator using the Contact Form on the About menu.
Diamond Club House
chevron_rightAudio/Video: How do I access the A/V equipment in DCH?
A complete array of audio-visual equipment is available in the Diamond Clubhouse.Please see the A/V Support Page
chevron_rightBulletin Board: What can I post on the bulletin board at DCH?
Please place announcements on the area reserved for your type of announcement. The areas are split up into three sections: 'Sign-up Sheets', 'Coming Events', and 'Announcements'.Some rules:
* One sheet per event - not bigger than 8 1/2 x 11 whenever possible. Two may be used if absolutely necessary.
* Put up no sooner than two weeks before the event. An occasional exception may be allowed.
* No signs for any items or lots for sale ; they belong in the book at the Silver Clubhouse.
* Take down notices as soon as possible after the event.
chevron_rightEvent Board Sign: Who updates the sign?
Coordinator: Betty Wittwer
Every Sunday a list of the current activities is posted on the board outside Diamond Clubhouse. These signs include Box Office Events and other park events. During the week, updates are made when needed.
chevron_rightKitchen Committee: What are the duties and services of this committee?
Chairperson: Temporarily VacantDuties:
Updated: April 2017
- The Kitchen Committee identifies needs and facilitates the upkeep of existing DCH Kitchen and Storage areas.
- Deep clean DCH kitchen twice a year, end of season, and in the fall. Monitor the DCH kitchen for cleanliness and advise AC Major Events Chair after events as needed. Check SCH kitchen.
- Replace small electrical items and kitchen supplies. Coordinate with Paper Goods/Supply person.
- Major equipment may be sourced at the AC’s request, or Board of Directors.
chevron_rightLibrary: Is a Library available for SL Residents?
Librarian: Doris Marderness
Description: The library in the Diamond Clubhouse is for the use of all Silver Lakes residents. The book exchange allows residents to take out desired books for their reading pleasure and leave books for others to enjoy.NOTE: Large-print books are needed for the Diamond Clubhouse Library. Both hard back and paper back books are in demand.
chevron_rightPaper Goods/Supplies: How do I order supplies for an event?
Supplies Coordinator: Mary-Jo KoldeThe stock in the supply closet is checked, and supplies are ordered weekly as needed. To be assured of having the needed supplies, the Event Chairperson should submit a request for supplies to the Paper Goods/Supply Coordinatpr two weeks prior to the event. Orders for food are limited to breakfast supplies as most Chairpersons prefer to buy what they need.
General Items of Interest
chevron_rightCoffee Notes: Where do I get them and how do I have an item published?
Pick up a copy of the Notes each week at Monday Morning Coffee and Donuts.Copies of Coffee Notes are also available on this website. See the Coffee Notes Page.If requesting an article be put into the Coffee Notes, the email address is: SLCoffeeNotes@gmail.com.
Deadline for submission is Friday at 9:00 a.m.Editors: Jennifer Tippet and Kathy Bisonic
chevron_rightFamily News: How do I share family health news within SL community?
SL "Sunshine Lady": Carol Griffin
Carol Griffin is the point-of-contact if you want someone to send out an announcement via our group email system regarding sickness or any other information regarding our residents or former residents (owners or renters) Please call or send Carol an email. Click her name (above) to see her contact information in the Address Book.
chevron_rightImportant Phone Numbers: Sheriff, Office, etc.
See list of Important Phone Numbers for Silver Lakes residents
chevron_rightKan Krushers: Who helps with aluminum can and other metal recycling at SL?
Chairperson: Gary Farber
- Aluminum Cans: There are collection points around the park. The committee collects the cans, crushes them, bags them and ships them out to be recycled. This has proven to be a worthy cause and benefits Silver Lakes Activities financially also. PLEASE DO YOUR PART TO HELP IN DEPOSITING YOUR ALUMINUM CANS.
- Scrap Metal: The Kan Krushers also handle recycling of scrap metal and take that to recycling center raising additional money for SL.
chevron_rightLogo shop: How can I buy SL logo clothing?
Silver Lakes Logo Shop is Now OnlineInstead of selling SL logo items in the clubhouse, you now can order the same quality apparel and other logo items at an online SL-Store. You can shop at your convenience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You pay when ordering and items will be promptly delivered to your lot during the Winter season.
chevron_rightName Badge: How do I get one?
Each owner is encouraged to wear his/her name badge to social events.You can now order name badges on the Silver Lakes Online Logo Store.Name Badge Coordinator: David Smith
chevron_rightPhotographer: Who takes pictures at SL Events?
Official Photographer for Silver Lakes: Temporarily Vacant
It is the event chairperson's responsibility to contact Jay before the event to be sure he can attend and take pictures. If he cannot, it is the chairperson's responsibility to find a substitute photographer that Jay approves of.
chevron_rightPropane Refill: How do I schedule Propane delivery?
Propane Refills are provided by Thompson Gas239-992-7942* Call Thompson Gas to be added to the route for refill.
* There is no longer a sign-up sheet at Silver Lakes.
* You must be present for fill and payment.
* Only cash and credit card payments will be accepted.
* Delivery day is Friday.
- chevron_rightResidents Trivia: Where are SL Residents From
chevron_rightWebsite Help: How do I find a form or content on this website?
Options to locate content on the Silver Lakes website ...
- Computer or widescreen device - use Navigation Menu in black bar on the top of web pages.
- Phone or small tablet - use Menu Icon (box with 3 lines) to open Navigation Menu.
- Forms, Rules and Procedures are under the "Resort" menu.
- Site Index - an alphabetical listing of links to forms and website pages. Link found on "About" menu.
- Search Icon - use magnifying glass icon on top of web pages to search for a keyword in the title of the content you want.
chevron_rightWhy can't we serve alcohol at SL Events?
- See letter from lawyer recommending SL not serve alcohol at events as part of the event fee.
- Read about tax consequences if alcohol is served at SL events
chevron_rightWiFi: What are the passwords for WiFi at the clubhouses?
Diamond Lake Clubhouse Password for Wi-Fi
Look for the network: SilverLakes2. The password is: silverlakes (case sensitive with no space in between words)
Silver Lakes Clubhouse Password for Wi-Fi
Look for the network: Linksys. The password is: silverlakes (case sensitive with no space in between words)
SLPOA Group Email
chevron_right1. Who can send or receive SLPOA Group Email?
You must be a property owner to send or receive SLPOA Group Emails. Your Email Address must also be on the Group Email Distribution List. The Group Email system is separate from the Silver Lakes website. However, Doug Ahmann, the administrator for the SLPOA Group Email, will automatically be notified when you update your Email address on the website and will accordingly update the Group Email Distribution List.
chevron_right2. How do I use and what rules govern the SLPOA Group Email System?
See the SLPOA Group Email System Page on this website to learn how to send group emails to property owners and rules that you must follow.